CD Emu Web Site


For updated info / status please goto the official site Will keep you posted when updates are available.


CD Emulator Features and Specifications

Concept/Test unit:

USB 2.0 Full-Speed interface
Teens++ development board
40 x 4 LCD screen
4 button control
Hard disk drive for massive ISO storage
Standard fat32 format for easy ISO copying from most OS's
Self Powered through USB
Bootable from systems supporting USB boot

Production unit:

USB 2.0 High-Speed interface
Avr32 atmel soc
4x20 lcd display
4 Button control
SD for ISO MassStorage and Easy swapping
format from within firmware
Standard Fat32 format for easy ISO copying from most OS's
Self Powered through USB
Bootable from systems supporting USB boot

Monday, June 28, 2010

To open source - or - To Not open source

I don't know, would like some input. I really think this needs to be developed - and open to everyone.
There has already been a device realeased to the public for purchase( search iodd ). I'm thinking that selling something new like that would just slow the spread of knowledge - give it away.

New devices or new thoughts patterns should be shared. And being that all of the code used in this project is either created by me or code borrowed from public domain....... Why not share this?

I'm not 100% there yet - it's kinda my baby... I would like some input - Please share your thoughts.


Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm still here.

Have not worked on the project for about a month now. Got a little burned out! But in the next couple of days I will start again. I got to the point where there where only a couple of bugs left to figure out. One big bug is within atmels MassStorage framework code. On certain op codes combinations it would cause an infinite loop within the usb out stall routine, unfortunately I don't have a 100% knowledge of the inner workings of the usb  protocol and just putting some sort of counter within the loop to drop out fixed it - or I should say patched it. Being a patch I have noticed a couple of glitched where the scsi op codes that should have processed correctly doesn't here and there. unfortunately being who I am - I cannot live with "mostly" working code.... I need to dive deeper into this bug. The other minor bugs are just cleanup from within my code no biggie. It sure would be nice to have a couple people working on this project with me, but for the time being I would like to keep this closed source.